YouTube can be a powerful tool for enabling and sharing Student-generated content.
Features of YouTube:
- Create and share Playlists
- Favourite and share videos
- Comment on videos
- upload from mobile via MMS, email, or apps
- Integration with iOS and Android devices
- Integration with Google Plus Hangouts – ‘Livestreaming’ & ‘archiving’.
- Basic editing via web browser on Mac or PC
- Annotate videos and embed URL links
- Copyright checking of content!
- Relatively good content policies
- A visual search tool!
- Useful Help section, including hints on recording.
- Can be slow connection on campus – due to popularity and Internet bottlenecks
- Weeding through the rubbish
- Audio tends to be an after-thought